Since December 2019, cases of pneumonia caused by a new coronavirus infection have appeared in Wuhan, as of today, the situation of epidemic control is still severe, all parts of the country are actively responding, calling on everyone to take strict protection and stay at home to avoid to get infection. But even so, many people are still very worried in the face of the different transmission channels of the virus. However, if we take good protection, we can avoid contact with the virus as much as possible, which will benefit us and our relatives and friends around us. We will now show you some knowledge about new coronaviruses and how to properly protect during the epidemic.
About the new coronavirus
As of February 27, 20, 9:46 am, a total of 31,211 people have been diagnosed, 2358 patients are suspected of carrying the virus, 2747 have died, and 32665 have been cured.
How shocking are the numbers, how many are infected because they don't have the right protections?
How does the virus spread?
The new coronavirus is transmitted through droplets (sneezing, talking, and direct contact with pathogens). The infection cycle is usually between 9 and 15 days. When the sick person talks, sneezes and droplets with the virus are emitted, it will be inhaled by normal people and combined with human oral mucosa to achieve human-to-human transmission!
Common signs of a person infected with a coronavirus include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath, and dyspnea. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death. There is currently no specific treatment for diseases caused by the new coronavirus. However, many symptoms can be managed, so they need to be treated according to the clinical situation of the patient.
Indoor Protective measures
1. Strengthening health awareness, proper exercise, ensuring sleep, and not staying up late can improve autoimmunity. Adhere to safe eating habits. Cook meat and eggs thoroughly. These are the most important conditions that we need to have protective measures in place. In order to take good protective measures, these are the most important conditions we need to have.
2. Maintain good personal hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Wash hands often and thoroughly without touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. This also prevents the virus from coming into contact with our body, blocking the way the virus spreads.
3. Ventilate the room and keep it clean and tidy.
4. At last, pay close attention to your own physical condition, whether there are symptoms such as fever, cough, etc. Be sure to seek medical treatment immediately in the event of such symptoms. Concealment and neglect of this infectious disease is the most terrible. If we are unfortunately infected, we must take a rational approach and seek medical treatment at the first time to provide the best treatment for ourselves. For the people around us and ourselves, we must take this issue seriously.
Outdoor Protective measures
1. Minimize exposure. Try to avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of respiratory diseases (such as fever, coughing or sneezing), try to avoid crowded and confined places, and wear masks if you must go. Avoid contact with wild animals and poultry. We still don’t know enough about the virus, so that there are still cases of unknown infection. One of the best ways to protect ourselves is to minimize the contact with the outside world while the epidemic is not under significant control.
2. Remember to wear a mask before going out. If the environment such as a supermarket is relatively closed, or the general environment of the farmer's market also have potential environmental health issues, wearing a mask is the best protective measure to prevent the spread of droplets. Wear the mask correctly and check the tightness of the mask before going out. The choice of mask types and the standard wearing method of masks, we will explain to you later in the article.
3. Pay attention to disinfection. The use of 75% alcohol or chlorine-containing disinfectants is currently officially confirmed as a method of killing the virus. Therefore, to ensure complete protection from the threat of viruses after contact with the outside environment, disinfection is a very important and effective method. When you back home, you can use alcohol or disinfectant to wipe and spray on places that will come into contact with the outside and your body, such as door handles, mobile phones, glasses, etc. This will double ensure that you are not in contact with the virus.
Selection of mask types and correct wearing methods
General medical mask
Ordinary medical masks implement the medical industry's recommended standard YY / T0969-2013 "Disposable Medical Masks", which are generally used in ordinary medical environments and have a low level of protection. This type of mask cannot effectively prevent pathogens from invading through the respiratory tract, nor can it effectively protect particles and bacterial viruses. The doctors wear it at the time of normal visits, so although it has a certain effect, the effect is not as good as the surgical mask when the doctor performs the operation. However, if you do not have a higher level mask, you can wear it first.
Use of objects: the public in non-intensive places
Replacement time: 4 hours
Medical surgical mask
Medical surgical masks comply with the compulsory standard of the medical industry YY0469-2011 "Technical Requirements for Medical Surgical Masks", and are generally used in environments with body fluids and blood splashes, such as hospital operating rooms, and the protection level is medium. This type of mask can effectively block most bacteria and some viruses. The filtration efficiency of bacteria is ≥95%, and the filtration efficiency of non-oily particles is ≥30%. Surgical masks are generally more expensive, usually at 1.2-4 yuan / piece, while ordinary medical masks are lower, generally at 0.12-0.20 yuan / piece.
Suitable occasions: bus, taxi driver, sanitation worker, supermarket, shopping mall, train station
Replacement time: 4 hours
KN95 and N95 masks
KN95 / N95 is not a specific product name. KN95 is one of the levels specified in the Chinese standard GB2626 "Respiratory Protective Products-Self-priming Filtered Anti-Particulate Matter Respirator"; N95 is certified by the United States NIOSH and is one of the levels specified in 42 CFR 84. The technical requirements and test methods of these two levels are basically the same, but they belong to different national standards. KN95 / N95 masks have a filtering efficiency of ≥95% for non-oily particles. Medical protective masks usually meet this standard.
Applicable occasions: on-site investigation, sampling, testing personnel
Replacement time: according to the instructions or 6-8 hours
How to wear a mask correctly
Make a clear distinction between outside, inside, and above of the mask
Why must we distinguish clearly? Because the outer face of the mask is mainly a water-blocking layer, which can prevent external saliva droplets, and the inner part is mainly a hygroscopic layer, which can absorb the water vapor generated during breathing and talking when we wear it, so it will be more comfortable to wear. If you reverse it, not only will it not prevent it, you may also be infected with bacteria such as saliva droplets from others. We can distinguish from the color of the mask, with the colored side facing outward and the uncolored side facing inward. The side with the soft metal strip is above.
When wearing, be sure to press the metal strip on the edge of the nose, then pull the folds in the middle completely, and do not leak air around.
By the way, avoid touching the mask when using it, like this
Many times, we will touch here unconsciously or habitually, but this is actually very unhygienic and we should pay attention to it.
If my article is of availability, feel free to tip. Your like will be a great encouragement to me!